New Features (Enterprise Only):
New, Redesigned Welcome Screen: The welcome screen has been updated to support several important new features:
- Existing welcome screen customizations are retained in ‘classic’ mode but you may enable ‘modern’ mode to see and utilize the features listed below:
- First time user instructions are presented in a simplified step-by-step manner.
- Reactive screen key. When a user begins the connection process, the screen key will grow help users find and read the on-screen.
- The SSID of the wireless network can optionally be presented as part of the on-screen instructions.
- DNS Support – if a Pod’s IP Address is listed in a DNS server, the welcome screen will display the DNS name and not the IP address as part of the getting started instructions.
- Up to 6 different background images, customizable.
- On screen room calendar display (see feature below).
Room Scheduling via Calendar Integration: Solstice will show the upcoming meetings for the room on the welcome screen.
- Integrates with Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 to automatically maintain an updated room calendar.
- Calendar support for any 3rd party calendar system via the Solstice OpenControl API.
- Supports various Exchange/O365 authentication modes:
- Resource calendars for meeting rooms or other shared resources
- Direct account access for personal and in-office wall displays
- Impersonation accounts
- Account delegation
- Easy to view ‘In-Use’ or ‘Available’ indicators in Solstice apps so that users can find open rooms for ad-hoc meetings.
- A straightforward display of upcoming meetings during the day gives users a simple way to know when a room may be used/empty.
Export managed display list from the Solstice Dashboard: The Dashboard can now export a list of managed displays to a human-readable file. The file contains the display name, the IP Address, and the Device ID for all managed displays, or a selected sub-set. This file can be imported into another Dashboard instance or used to collect Device IDs for co-terming maintenance or other administrative tasks. WiFi Certificate Installation: Solstice Pods can now accept a new WiFi certificate for 802.1X networks. The Solstice Dashboard can upload a certificate generated by a Certificate Authority to ensure the identity of a Pod when attaching as a wireless client to the enterprise network. WiFi Channel Selection for WAP Mode (Gen2i Hardware Only): The wireless access point of the Solstice Pod can be configured to use a specific wireless channel. Channels across both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz ranges are available.
In-app Room Availability: The Solstice app will indicate room availability in the ‘discovery’ panel, based on current connection and calendar scheduling information. This gives users an easy mechanism to find open rooms directly on their mobile device, based on how much longer the rooms will be free. OpenControl API Extensions: The OpenControl API has received several new REST calls to expose additional functionality to 3rd party systems. These extensions include the following capabilities:
- Set custom background images
- Control welcome screen messaging including RSS feeds and custom message tickers
- Control emergency broadcast state
- Check for and initiate software updates
- Read current software version
- Reboot Pod
Redesigned QuickConnect Web Page: The new design displays a background image that is independent of the customized welcome screen image(s) and is optimized for readability and user experience. Name Your Wired Network: The Dashboard now allows you to give your internal or wired network a meaningful name, instead of the default ‘Internal’.
Fixes and Enhancements:
- Improved stability and reliability.
- Resolved issue where Pod would not find an available update if connected to two networks and the WiFi network did not have access to the internet.
- Improved performance on Windows apps when sharing desktop or app windows.
- Improved performance, reduced bandwidth of RSS scrolling.
- Enhanced image quality when sharing from high resolution devices.
- Reduced bandwidth of streams that are in the dock.
- Fixed issue where sharing notifications would appear too frequently.
- Resolved issue on the Pod where rolling back to a previous version could cause instability.
- Improved stability when using AirPlay to share to Solstice.
- Resolved issue that would prevent SLR updates when guest configuration was disabled.
- Resolved issue that would disallow OpenControl API calls when guest configuration was disabled.
- Resolved issue that could prevent Mac OS X apps from updating successfully when connecting to a newer Solstice display.
Version 3.1 Dashboard is required to manage 3.1 Solstice displays. It is highly recommended that you update the Dashboard prior to updating displays. You can get the latest version of the Solstice Dashboard here. Support for Windows XP client discontinued.