Mersive, a leading provider of display management and collaboration software, today announced major enhancements to its Solstice Display Software to further support visual collaboration and integration of IT-friendly software products into the AV space.
“A great advantage of Solstice is that it’s a software-only solution, making it easy to disseminate product updates and new features as we complete them,” said Rob Balgley, Mersive CEO. “Software maintenance is an important part of the Solstice value proposition and this weeks release will help further support integration of visual collaboration tools in meeting rooms.”
Solstice software enables multiple users to connect simultaneously to a shared display using a range of devices and applications over an existing WiFi or Ethernet network. With Solstice, you can walk into a meeting room and instantly connect, share content and control the display fostering collaboration and decision-making.
- Multi-NIC Host PC Support: By adding a second card to the HostPC, Solstice will now broadcast the display name to clients on more than one network. This is useful for customers who are able to support broadcast discovery and are looking to collaborate across networks.
- New Frame Capture Card Support: Solstice now supports an additional frame capture card, the Vprime VCC-200DE-HDMI. This card provides dual video input with synchronized audio on each channel.
- Upgraded Look for On Screen Pointers: When sharing an application window or your full desktop, the shared display denotes the position of the client mouse cursor. The cursor artwork for this has been changed to an easier-to-see image. On screen cursors are color coded per client.
- Improved Solstice Directory Service: SDS is now compatible with additional DNS entries.
- Reduced System Resource Usage: Mersive reduced system resource usage when the display is not currently showing content and corrected a bug that sometimes caused typing a display’s IP address to fail when the DNS server was not present/reachable.
- Updated Mobile Apps: As part of this update, Mersive has released updated versions of all the different pieces of Solstice Display Software, Dashboard, Directory Service, and all of the laptop/mobile clients (Windows, Apple, Android) to continue to improve performance.
Additional details can be found in the Solstice 1.2 datasheet. For more about how Solstice works and can transform any conference room display into a multimedia visual collaboration tool, see this short video.
Mersive offers a free 30-day trial of Solstice Display Software, which needs to be installed on a Windows machine that is connected to a display. An unlimited number of users can then connect to the display by installing the free app on their laptop or mobile device. To request a free trial, visit www.mersive.com/solstice.
Mersive is a leading provider of display management and collaboration software. By transforming hardware challenges into software solutions, Mersive has helped to create a new class of displays, enabling visual collaboration to go mainstream. Mersive Solstice software enables multiple users with a diversity of devices, using a range of applications, to access any display at the same time. Mersive Sol software automatically aligns multiple commodity projectors into one seamless image of extraordinary quality and resolution without the expense of specialized hardware and services. These products provide knowledge workers with access to simple affordable visual display systems that foster interaction, facilitate decision-making and cultivate creativity. Mersive is based in Denver, Colorado. For more information, visit www.mersive.com.