This Solstice Dashboard and Configuration Options video outlines the tools and functionalities available to IT administrators and technology managers in the centralized one-to-many management platform.
The Solstice Dashboard lets you monitor, update, and manage Enterprise Edition Pods and Windows Software instances on your network. Each Solstice display can always be configured locally via the configuration panel on an individual basis, but the Solstice Dashboard allows one or more IT administrators to manage larger deployments of Solstice from a central location. The Dashboard may be installed on one or more Windows machines on the same network(s) as the hosts to be managed.
Note that standard, non-Enterprise-Edition instances of Solstice will appear in the Solstice Dashboard but will not be manageable. These instances will need to be upgraded to Enterprise Edition to be manageable via the Solstice Dashboard.
In this video you will learn:
- How to access the configuration panel
- Options for importing Solstice hosts for management
- How to configure Solstice displays using Dashboard for one or multiple hosts
Functions of the Dashboard tabs:
- Appearance and Usage (includes display name and video feeds for Software hosts).
- Network (define how the instances connect to your network(s) and how users may discover the displays).
- Security (allows an administrator to password protect certain displays, and includes the ability to enable or disable multi-room).
- System (time formats and tools).
- Message center (enable/disable bulletin feeds etc.)
- Activity (see real-time usage of all displays imported into the instance panel).
- Licensing (view and manage the licenses of all imported Solstice instances.)
- SDS (set up the Solstice Discovery Service – an IT-friendly mechanism for enabling click-to-connect functionality on networks that do not allow broadcast traffic).
- Expanded Enterprise Edition capabilities
- Welcome screen branding/customization
- Discovery Tags
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- How to access Solstice OpenControl API
Share this Post